human resource management
This course provides a robust introduction to the key principles, policies, and practices of human resource management. The specialization begins with a foundational course that considers alternative approaches to managing human resources, provides a background to the U.S. legal context in which employees are hired, fired, rewarded, and managed, and outlines the different reasons that people are motivated to work. The remaining three courses tackle three core areas that all managers should understand: hiring employees, evaluating their performance, and rewarding them. Throughout the courses, an accessible, scientific approach is embraced such that best practices and practical tips are informed by research, but presented in accessible, applied ways.
Yet many start-ups, small businesses and ‘accidental’ HR managers (administrative assistants or office managers who find themselves doing HR as part of their duties) focus on compliance. While corporate policies and labor practices are important, they don’t drive the success of your business.
If you are a small business owner who wants a deeper understanding of HR, someone looking for a job in HR, or an administrative professional whose duties include HR, this course is for you. It provides a general introduction to the role and duties of HR, with a little insight into taking your HR responsibilities to the next level.
What you'll learn
- Explore the role of human resources (HR) from administrative and compliance to strategy and business growth.
- Discover the process of recruiting great talent, from job analysis to writing interview questions and job postings.
- Discover where to begin with a HR audit.
- Discover a performance management process with more impact.
- Conducting an HR Audit
- Recruit Great Talent
- HR for Beginners Glossary/Index
- Increase Performance
- Preparing to Manage Human Resources
- Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees
- Managing Employee Performance
- Managing Employee Compensation
- Human Resources Management Capstone: HR for People Managers
Course completion certificate attested by KHDA(Knowledge and Human Development Authority), UAE.